Disability Leadership Network - African American Community Outreach
- Last Updated: Sunday, 10 September 2017 10:03
African-American Community Outreach
Registration is open, Seating is Limited!
Calling All People with Disabilities & Their Family Members!
Is your family member struggling to live a meaningful life?
Concerned about Texans with disabilities having control over their own lives?
Do you have a plan for the future?
Have you created a circle of support for you and your family?
What are the signs of bullying?
Do you want to learn how to speak up for yourself more effectively and
make decisions about your own life?
This class is for YOU!!
· Hear from people with disabilities who are living meaningful lives
· Understand the importance of being resilient and raising resilient children
· Develop and practice necessary self-advocacy skills
· Make connections with other community members & state agencies
· Learn how to guide your or your child’s career path
5725 Queenston Blvd, Houston 77057
Ricky Broussard, Imagine Enterprises
Sara Freeman Smith, U R Gems Group/From Disability to Productivity
Adiaha Spinks-Franklin, MD, MPH, FAAP –
Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician – Owner, DBP Doc, PLLC
Jeanna TenBrink, The Arc of the Gulf Coast
Free - Family Members
*Financial support is provided by the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities with Federal funds made available by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Developmental Disabilities, ($75,000/75% DD funds, $25,029/25% non-federal resources)