- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 March 2017 11:34
OPEN POSITIONS at Family to Family
Guided Transition Specialist
This is a PART TIME position (20 hours/week)
Seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of Guided Transition Program specialist. The Specialist will manage and perform all activities related to our Guided Transition Program. Basic responsibliities include but are not limited to: recruiting participants for the program, ensuring completion of baseline and follow up evaluation data, organizing or leading training events, assisting individuals and monitoring program participation.
- Knowledge of the special education transition process, Individuals with Disabilties Education Improvement Act of 2004, as well as the parent/youth perspective
- Experience with Person Centered Thinking
- Knowledge of primary federal and state programs which provide funding mechanisms for services & supports for people with disabilities
- Knowledge of best practices in providing services & supports to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of health & human services system delivery in Texas
- Skill in conducting program evaluation
- Skill in providing training & facilitation of training sessions
- Ability to plan, coordinate, organize and complete complex assignments
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to operate a laptop, computer, LCD projector and Microsoft office software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of individuals and team member
- Ability to think quickly, be responsive and handle matters promptly
Bachelor's Degree (social work or education preferred), along with related work experience supporting individuals with disabilities. Work or Person Center Thinking Plan Facilitation experience may replace education. Bilingual preferred, but not required.
The person must be willing to work with all individuals with varying degrees of disability. Being a "team player" who possesses strong skills in communication (written and oral), and interpersonal relationships, program development, working with organizational partners; public speaking, marketing and networking on behalf of the program; and strong computer skills is a plus. Must embrace Family to Family Network's vision that all people have value and belong in our community.
The position requires flexibility in the work schedule to include some evenings and weekends.